The George C. Meyer Tennis Center, located at 2049 West 2nd. Street, is a beautifully designed complex that features a pro-shop, six Har-Tru clay courts,12 hard courts and an indoor clubhouse. The complex plays hosts to a variety of local tournaments as well as many USTA sanctioned tournaments throughout the year.
George C. Meyer Tennis Center Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Tennis Courts Hours of Operation
- Open 7 days a week: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
LightsLights for outdoor courts are available daily until 10 p.m. Please turn off lights when not in use.
- Hard Courts – Reservations are not taken for hard courts. However, these courts may be reserved by the tennis pro’s for lessons, leagues, and tournament play. Please call 251-968-1431 for available times.
- Clay Courts – Reservations may be made 48 hours in advance on a first-call, first-served basis. City lessons, leagues, and tournaments have priority on these courts. Please call 251-968-1431 for available times.
Ball Machine RentalPlaymate Ace ball machine is available for rental: $20/ per hour. Please call the tennis center at 251-968-1431 to schedule a rental time, based on court availability.
Private and Group LessonsPrivate lessons are available for all ages and levels by appointment. Please call 251-968-1431 to schedule.
- Private Lessons: $60/hour
- Semi-Private Lessons: $35/per person (2 people) $25/per person (3 or more people)
- Private Lessons Policies:
- Pre-payment required to book lessons.
- Lessons may be rescheduled with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice by calling 251-968-1431 during business hours (voicemail rescheduling not accepted) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- New lesson must be re-booked within 72 hours of original lesson date.
- No Refunds- in event of inclement weather account credit or make-up lesson will be offered.
Cardio Tennis Clinics:
Gulf Shores Tennis ClubThe Gulf Shores Tennis Club hosts a mixer on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (please arrive 15 minutes early for warm up and court assignments)
The mixer is open to adults of all playing levels. Please join us for socials, tournaments and friendships!