Leave Only Footprints
Please do your part to keep our beautiful beaches safe and clean. Each of us is responsible for protecting and preserving it and the City of Gulf Shores strives to provide a safe, clean, family-friendly environment for everyone visiting.
The following regulations have been established by Ordinance 1792 and enforced on our beaches. Enjoying our coastline responsibly ensures a more positive experience for you and helps ensure the safety of all our visitors and the sustainability of our natural resources.
- All non-permitted personal items such as beach chairs, umbrellas, tents, ice chests and beach toys must be removed from the beach each night and may not be placed or remain on the beach before sunrise. Personal items left on the beach between one hour after sunset and sunrise may be treated by the City as abandoned property and be removed and disposed of as abandoned property.
- Keep off the dunes. Staying off the dunes will help us to preserve our dune system and the habitat it provides. Use beach walkovers and boardwalks where provided.
- Observe and obey Beach Warning Flag System. Double red flags means the waters are closed for your safety.
- Be respectful of private property beyond the bounds of your lodging property.
- Beach Rules & Regulations