February 13, 2024
The 45th Annual Mardi Gras Parade will begin at the intersection of Highway 59 and East Beach Boulevard (Highway 182) and will travel along East Beach Boulevard to the Gulf State Park Pier Road.
Mardi Gras Parade
Tuesday, February 13, 2024
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following traffic flow modifications related to the Mardi Gras Parade:
- West Gulf Place beach access and parking lot will be closed. Parking will only be available for parade participants and float setup.
- West Beach Boulevard (Highway 182 West) will be closed between Highway 59 and West 3rd street for the staging of the parade.
- Access to West Beach Boulevard and East BEach Boulevard via Highway 59 will be closed.
- Access to East Beach Boulevard via East 1st, East 2nd, and East 4th Street will be closed.
- Traffic headed westbound on East Beach Boulevard near the Gulf State Park Pier will be diverted to State Park Road (Highway 135) for access to Highway 59.
- Mardi Gras Parade begins.
- All normal Traffic Conditions should resume.
Parking for the Parade
The City of Gulf Shores has plenty of parking options near East Beach Boulevard, where the Mardi Gras Parade will take place. We invite our residents and guest to park in one of the following public parking locations:
- West 2nd Street
- West 1st Street
- West 1st Avenue from Highway 59 to West 1st Street
- East 1st Street
- East 1st Avenue from Highway 59 to East 2nd Street
- North side of East 2nd Avenue City-Owned right of way parking
- City-Owned public parking lot to the West of Gulf Island Grill