Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Friday, August 6, 2021
City of Gulf Shores Takes Precautionary Steps to Minimize COVID-19 Exposure
Due to Baldwin County being considered a high-transmission area for COVID-19, Gulf Shores Mayor Robert Craft and the City Council have implemented the following precautionary measures that will go into effect Monday, August 9, at all City facilities. These steps are being taken to minimize the pandemic's impact amongst our employees and community.
Effective Monday, August 9, 2021
All City administrative offices will continue to be open for business but are limiting public access.
• Masks and social distancing are encouraged when entering City facilities, per CDC recommendations.
• Any person or business needing to apply for a Business License, Building Permit, submit plans for Planning and Zoning review, or conduct other city business should do so online by visiting https://www.gulfshoresal.gov/619/Online-Services.
• Anyone needing assistance not accessible online should contact the appropriate department by phone instead of visiting in person. A directory of department phone numbers is provided on the City website at https://www.gulfshoresal.gov/directory.
David L. Bodenhamer Recreation Center
• Masks are encouraged while inside the facility, except when a patron in engaged in physical activity or working out.
• Social distancing measures will be in place in order to ensure the safety of all patrons.
• Facilities will remain open to members only.
• Masks and social distancing are encouraged when City programs or events are held indoors, per CDC recommendations.
City Meetings - City Council, Planning Commission, etc.
Gulf Shores Municipal Court
• Only defendants will be allowed in court.
• All cases that only require payment can pay online at www.gulfshorespay.com, by phone at (251) 237-8711, or visit the Court Clerk's office.
City officials urge everyone eligible to get vaccinated. Vaccines are available locally at the following locations:
• Gulf Shores Family Pharmacy: 251 Clubhouse Drive 251-968-3784
• Walgreens - Gulf Shores: 1421 Gulf Shores Parkway, 251-968-5946
• Walmart - Gulf Shores: 170 East Fort Morgan Road, 251-968-5910
• CVS (Target) Gulf Shores: 3820 Gulf Shores Parkway, 251-967-7002
• Publix- Gulf Shores: 160 Cotton Creek Drive, Suite 100, 251-948-2781
• South Baldwin Regional Medical Center: 1613 North McKenzie Street, Foley, 251-949-3400
Please continue to follow the Alabama Department of Public Health's (ADPH) recommended health and safety practices at all times. These include the following:
• Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if handwashing is not possible.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
• Stay home when sick.
• Stay away from people who are sick.
• Practice "social distancing" by maintaining six feet of separation between you and other people.
The City of Gulf Shores will continue to provide public updates at www.gulfshoresal.gov and through social media. The public is encouraged to sign up to receive update notifications by visiting our website and clicking the "Notify Me" button.
Additional sources of information on COVID-19 can be found on the ADPH website at alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19 and the Center for Disease Control's website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.