Beach Rules & Regulations
The City of Gulf Shores strives to provide a safe, clean, family friendly environment for everyone visiting our public beaches. We ask that you take the time to familiarize yourself with the following rules, regulations, and helpful reminders.
- Tents and shelters larger than 7 feet by 7 feet and taller than 4 feet are not allowed on public beaches, unless the tents/structures are placed in the designated area at Gulf Place. Individual property owners may allow tents and shelters on private property north of the City of Gulf Shores pole markers provided.
- Any structures or equipment left on the public beach after 8 p.m. will be removed and disposed of by beach patrol.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED on any of the sand beaches in Gulf Shores. Pets are welcome at Gulf Place along the boardwalk and Town Green, but they may not travel on the sand beaches.
- Please keep off the dunes. Staying off the dunes will help us to preserve our dune system and the habitat it provides. Use beach walkover and boardwalks where provided.
- Observe and obey the Beach Warning Flag System.
- We encourage you to swim near lifeguard protected waters.
- Call 251-968-TIDE (8433) for current surf conditions.
The following items are strictly prohibited:
- on any of the sand beaches in Gulf Shores. Pets are welcome at Gulf Place, but they may not travel on the sand beaches.
- No glass or breakable containers
- No alcoholic beverages
- No tents / canopies larger than 7'x7'x4' unless they are placed in a designated tent area
- No fishing at Gulf Place
- No tobacco and e-cigarettes
- No motorized vehicles
- No digging holes deeper than 12 inches (Please remember to fill holes in for the safety of our residents and visitors)
- No fires, grills or cooking devices
- No fireworks, sky lanterns, sparklers
- No drone operation
- No solicitation