The Gulf Shores City Council Work Session meeting, also known as a Committee of the Whole meeting, will be held on Monday, March 1, at 4 p.m. at the Erie Hall Meyer Civic Center.
This meeting is open to public attendance. Masks and social distancing are required. Questions and comments will be taken in person at the meeting. Meetings will also be streamed live via Facebook for viewing only. All comments or questions must be presented in person.
Please see the following overview of noteworthy agenda items that will be discussed during the work session below. An Agenda Item Summary with additional information for each item can be reviewed at https://www.gulfshoresal.gov/agendacenter.
Council Work Session Meeting Agenda Overview
COUNCILMAN DISCUSSION PERIOD
- Councilman Jason Dyken, M.D. During this time, a Councilmember can bring forward any topic he would like to discuss with the other councilmembers and the public.
- Small Community Air Service Development Program Appropriation: Scott B. Fuller, Airport Authority Manager, to propose a recommendation of approval for the City to provide support for the solicitation of a small community grant under the Small Community Air Service Development Program (“SCASDP”) and minimum revenue guarantee program managed by the Gateway Initiative for new air service to Jack Edwards National Airport by providing $30,000 funds per annum not to exceed $60,000 in total.
CITY FACILITY IMPROVEMENTS
- Tennis Complex Restoration Project: Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to propose awarding the bid for the Johnnie Sims Park - Tennis Complex Restoration project to American Tennis Courts, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $175,000 to repair Hurricane Sally damage.
- Gulf Place Shade Sail Installation: Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to propose awarding the bid Award bid for installation of the Gulf Place Shade Sails to J&A Contracting in an amount not to exceed $40,000.00. This project will install custom-built shade sails over the Gulf Place Playground.
- Roadway and Pedestrian Evaluation of Waterway West: Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to propose a recommendation of approval to accept a professional services proposal from Barge Design Solutions, Inc. to perform a roadway and pedestrian evaluation of Waterway West and develop recommendations for improvements and associated cost estimate in an amount not to exceed $50,000.
- Closeout Change Order – Hosea Weaver – Coastal Gateway Boulevard: Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to recommend approving the Hosea Weaver Closeout Change Order for $253,718.57 due to unforeseen conditions related to utility conflicts, field changes and Hurricane Sally.
- Closeout Change Order – Volkert, Inc. – Coastal Gateway Boulevard: Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to recommend approving the Volkert Closeout Change Order for $231,036.98 due to unforeseen conditions related to utility conflicts, field changes and Hurricane Sally.
- 5-Year Franchise Agreement Renewal - Mediacom Southeast LLC: Cindy King, Director of Finance and Administration, to propose the renewal of the existing franchise agreement with Mediacom Southeast LLC to operate within the city limits.
- Taxi Franchise: Beach Express Taxi LLC: Cindy King, Director of Finance and Administration, to propose the approval of a taxi franchise operating agreement.
- Music at Meyer Park: Grant Brown, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Director, to propose the approval of the Public Assembly Permit Application for Music at Meyer Park 2021 Concert Series.
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) – Lake Property: Andy Bauer, Zoning Administrator, to present a request for an amendment to the master plan for the Planned Unit Development (PUD) – Lake Property – 83 acres located south of West 34th Avenue. The applicant seeks to amend the PUD master plan to modify the allowable use of the underlying R-1-5 zoning district and approved setbacks and lot sizes of the original master plan. The amendment only affects Pod D of the development. All other areas of the approved master plan will remain unchanged. All conditions of the original PUD approval are required.
For additional information, please visit https://www.gulfshoresal.gov/agendacenter.