Due to the Fourth of July Holiday, the upcoming Gulf Shores City Council Work Session meeting will be held on TUESDAY, July 6, at 4 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers located at 1905 West 1st Street.
This meeting is open to public attendance. Questions and comments will be taken in person at the meeting. Meetings will also be streamed live via Facebook for viewing only.
Please see the following overview of noteworthy agenda items that will be discussed during the work session below. An Agenda Item Summary with additional information for each item can be reviewed at https://www.gulfshoresal.gov/agendacenter.
COUNCILMAN DISCUSSION PERIOD
- Councilman Joe Garris, Jr. – During this time, a Councilmember can bring forward any topic he would like to discuss with other councilmembers and the public.
- Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to ask the Council to ratify Task Order #2 with Thompson Consulting Services, LLC for additional Debris Monitoring that was performed for Hurricane Sally in an amount not to exceed $520,603.20.
- Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to propose the Council considers adopting an Ordinance requesting ALDOT lower the speed limit along portions of AL-180 and AL-59 to create a safer environment for pedestrians and motorists.
PLANNING AND ZONING
- Lee Jones, Planning and Zoning Director, to propose the Council consider authorizing the Mayor to negotiate a contract for the purchase of 7.5 acres of real property in the amount of $79,000 from Gulf Crown, Inc. for right-of-way needed for the City’s new north/south road connecting Foley/Coastal Gateway Blvd. to County Road 6 East.
RECREATION & CULTURAL AFFAIRS
- Library Director Wendy Congiardo to propose the Council authorize the library department to pursue an opportunity for grant funding in the amount of $24,480, provided by the Alabama Public Library Service (APLS), to purchase 16 desktop computers.
- Grant Brown, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Director, to ask the Council to approve the renewal of a 5-year, tri-party agreement (Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism Sports Commission, Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) and City of Gulf Shores, to host the AHSAA State Regional Softball and State Regional Track and Field Championships (2022 – 2026) at the Gulf Shores Sportsplex.
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- Revenue Supervisor Layla Andrews to propose the Council considers approval of a taxi franchise for Kristi Hoop d/b/a Bama Beach Shuttle.
- IT Officer Mike Hawley to ask Council to approve a franchise agreement with C-Spire for comprehensive telecommunication services.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Chief Building Official/Emergency Management Official Brandan Franklin to propose the Council amend the Code of Ordinances at Chapter 7, Section 7-32., Inspections to include requiring contractors to submit a subcontractor list to the Revenue Department, an electrical inspection, and an approved sewer service inspection report prior to the City’s issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.