The Gulf Shores City Council Work Session meeting, also known as a Committee of the Whole meeting, will be held Monday, August 16, at 4 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers located at 1905 West 1st Street.
This meeting is open to public attendance. Masks and social distancing are encouraged. Questions and comments will be taken in person at the meeting. Meetings will also be streamed live via Facebook for viewing only.
Please see the following overview of noteworthy agenda items that will be discussed during the work session below. An Agenda Item Summary with additional information for each item can be reviewed at https://www.gulfshoresal.gov/agendacenter.
COUNCILMAN DISCUSSION PERIOD
- Councilman Jason Dyken, M.D. – During this time, a Councilmember can bring forward any topic he would like to discuss with other councilmembers and the public.
BUILDING OFFICIAL/EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
- Brandan Franklin, Chief Building Official and Emergency Management Officer, to propose Council adopts the 2020 Baldwin County Hazard Mitigation Plan. This plan allows the City to apply for future Hazard Mitigation Grants.
- Mark Acreman, City Engineer, to propose Council considers approving a request to install three-way stops at the intersections of West 1st Street/West 12th Avenue and at Blue Heron Drive/Cypress Lake Drive.
PLANNING AND ZONING
- Lee Jones, Planning and Zoning Director, to propose Council considers an amendment to Article VIII. Tree Protection of Chapter 7. Buildings, Construction, and Related Activities of the City’s Code of Ordinances. This proposed update to the Tree Protection Ordinance outlines the standards and submittal requirements for both multifamily/non-residential developments and single-family lots and clearly differentiates the two.
RECREATION AND CULTURAL AFFAIRS
- Matt Young, Assistant Director of RCA, to propose Council approves two Assembly Permit Applications as follows:
- Haunted Hustle 5K, Fun Run and Witches on Wheels Bike Ride – October 16, 2021
- Movies at Meyer Park – Special Event – October 21 and October 28; November 4 and November 18; and December 16, 2021.
- Noel Hand, Public Works Director, to propose Council awards a contract to the lowest bidder Smith Industrial Service (SIS) for storm drain and culvert cleaning in an amount not to exceed $88,450.00 with additional hourly services to be authorized as necessary.
- Noel Hand, Public Works Director, proposes that the Council adopts a Resolution in support and commitment to developing an effective and productive Baldwin County Recycling Cooperative.