We are proud to offer 12 new outdoor lighted pickleball courts at the Gulf Shores Sportsplex. These courts are located on the east side of the Mickey Miller Blackwell Stadium and will share the parking lot with the Varsity Baseball Field. Restroom access is available at the east entrance of Mickey Miller Blackwell Stadium or at the GSHS Baseball & Softball field concessions.
Pickleball Court Location:
Gulf Shores Sportsplex
19025 Oak Rd W
Gulf Shores, AL 36542
Open 7 days a week
Sunrise to 10 p.m.
Rules & Regulations:
- Play after 10 p.m. not allowed. Lights will automatically turn off at this time.
- Courts are for pickleball play ONLY - Vehicles, strollers, bikes, skateboards, roller skates, baseball, softball, frisbees, soccer, etc. are not allowed.
- Tennis or soft-soled shoes are required.
- No unauthorized paid athletic services, including lessons, are permitted.
- Use the provided paddle holder system to determine groups and order of play on each court.
- Limit game times to 30 minutes when all courts are in play.
- Spectators and persons waiting to play must remain outside the courts.
- Courts are first come, first serve basis.
- The City of Gulf Shores shall have priority use for City and/or City sponsored activities, including tournaments, programs, events, and the like.
- Do not place tables, chairs, or tents on the playing surface.
- No paint, chalk, tape, or other adhesive material shall be placed on the court surface without prior approval.
- No loitering, fighting, or profanity.
- No animals (except to assist persons of disability).
- No food or drink, except water, on the court surface. Glass containers and barbeque grills are not allowed.
- No loud music or use of personal sound systems.
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products allowed.
- No littering. Help keep our courts clean. Please place trash in receptacles provided.
- Courts may be closed at any time for safety and maintenance.
Additional places to play Pickleball:
Pickleball lines on basketball courts are located at the following locations:
- Sims Park - West 22nd. Ave.
- Meyer Park - 400 East 22nd. Ave.
Complimentary portable net rentals are available at the George C. Meyer Tennis Center during business hours for these two locations. A current valid driver's license must be held for deposit.
- Gulf Shores Cultural Center - 19470 Oak Rd West
Indoor, drop-in play on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Free for Bodenhamer Center Recreation members and $10 for non-members.