Smoke Alarm Installation Program
According to the National Fire Protection Association, having a working smoke alarm reduces the chance of dying in a fire by more than half. This is why Gulf Shores Fire Rescue encourages all homeowners to make sure they have properly working smoke alarms and that they are checked routinely.
In support of this effort, Gulf Shores Fire Rescue is proud to offer the Get Alarmed, Gulf Shores! program to ensure all homeowners have at least one properly working smoke alarm in their homes. This free smoke detector installation program is designed for qualifying City of Gulf Shores residents who have financial or physical limitations and require assistance.
- The dwelling must currently have no working smoke alarms.
- The dwelling must be owner-occupied.
- The property must be a single-family dwelling in the City of Gulf Shores.
- The homeowner must be home during the time of installation.
- The homeowner requesting installation will be required to complete an application and sign a waiver on the day of installation.
- The homeowner requesting installation will be required to create a Community Connect profile.
- Community Connect is a safe and secure online program available at no cost to our residents. It allows residents to provide our firefighters and emergency personnel with critical property and occupant information to help us better serve you during an emergency. For more information on Community Connect, click here.
* If you have at least one working smoke alarm and have further questions, we encourage you to request a home safety survey or call 251-968-7422.
If you fit the criteria above and wish to request the FREE installation of smoke alarms in your home, click here to fill out a form, and someone from our team will be in contact with you shortly. You can also call 251-968-7422.
This program is made possible by the Alabama Fire College and the State of Alabama Fire Marshal’s Office.