The City of Gulf Shores has designated certain streets for golf cart use. The following documents will be needed to register your golf cart to use on the designated streets. The packet contains both registration and inspection forms and the rules and regulations to legally use a golf cart on designated streets.
- Complete, and sign the golf cart registration where indicated.
- Proof of insurance required for the golf cart.
- Inspection of the required equipment. All equipment must be installed at the time of inspection.
- Read and understand the rules and regulations for operation of a golf cart.
- $25 Annual fee (Golf Cart permit sticker).
- Permit required annually (beginning of January or when inspection is scheduled). Gulf Shores Police Department must be informed of any address changes.
Please take into consideration that the operation of a golf cart on designated cart streets is a privilege. Gulf Shores Police Department and the city reserve the right to revoke and deny any golf cart registration which is deemed necessary. Stay safe and follow the traffic laws.
Each year a representative will conduct an inspection. If you miss the inspection meeting, please complete an interest form and a representative will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Please click here to complete the Inspection Request to schedule an appointment in the future.